Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Schemer

Recently, one of Avery's teachers told me, "She is soo sweet but I can tell there is scheming behind those eyes." I laughed because the gig was up. I have known this for some time but to think that someone else had figured her out was funny, and a little scary.

Today, she drove the point home a couple of times. When I asked her to finish her broccoli, she said, "Mommy, I have a great plan. How about you go in your room, and when you come back, my broccoli will be all gone." This said with a straight face.

and...

When we were discussing what day of the week it was, she didn't want to admit that she didn't know what it was so she said, "How about you can guess first and then I'll tell you what day it is."

She just turned four. I'm bracing myself for fourteen....

No comments: