Sunday, March 22, 2009

GG

I cherish this picture!
These are GG's representative 49 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren and 2 great-great grandchildren!




My grandmother, known to most as "G.G.", went home to be with Jesus on March 2, 2009. Her memorial service was such a deserving tribute to the life she lived and the legacy she has left.

GG was a woman of Godly character. This was understood by all who knew her. After her death, I was able to peer through her belongings: her bible, her notes, her newspaper clippings, and prayer lists. This is when I became the most proud of my grandmother. Her bible was used, marked-up and written on. Prayer requests of loved ones and strangers, whom she had read about in newspaper clippings, were detailed in her prayer journal. What an amazing insight into her sweet soul. She has inspired me to more devoted to prayer and study. Someday, I hope my bible is as marked-up and tattered as hers.

She is the mother of my mother- the one who I look up to the most. Thank you GG for the blessing of my mother, and for instilling so much good into my precious aunts and uncle. I love and miss my GG.











No comments: